My paint theme is light and darkness in painting with a different style that crosses nature, landscape and the figure. I admire use of directional spotlight, contrast of white light & darkness that brings the subject forward and a limited colour palette.
I find light in the dark and feel catharsis through it. We live with anxiety and dark thoughts about the future. So I wanted to express that light radiates more intensely in the dark and I always hope to live anew while drawing and expressing.
I based my painting on photographs I have taken, plus researched images found on the internet and in magazines.
I mainly like to use oil paints, because I like the surface qualities with working in layers.
- Member of KWASS(Korean Women’s Art Society in Sydney)
- Principle of GENESIS KIDS ART, SACC(Sydney Adventure Art Class)www.fb.me/choigore
Education & Certificates
- Sydney Art(Gallery) School in Meadowbank (Fine Art Advanced Diploma)
- Hong-Ik University, South Korea(Education Institute of Oil Painting)
- Kangnam University, South Korea(Education Institute of Oil Painting)
- Suwon Science College, South Korea(Department of Interior Architecture)
- Size: 76.2cm x 61cm
- Medium: Oil on canvas
- Price: P.O.A